This is not a derogatory question.

What is the difference between being gay and suffering from gender identity crisis? My niece has been diagnosed as suffering from this but I don't understand the difference. Can someone please enlighten me?

jessflynn

Asked by jessflynn at 11:33 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Gay is when you are interested in the same sex gender idenity crisis is someone who thinks they shouldn't be the sex that they are. Your neice probably is feeling like she should have been born a boy. You cant even compare the two
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Being gay I believe is just preferring the same sex.

Having gender identity issues is more of a 'born in the wrong body' type of thing I think.

I don't know for sure, but I am sure some of the other regulars will correct me if I am wrong.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• The above two answers are correct! You can be a female and be confused about your gender identity and still be attracted to males just as you can be female and confused about your gender and be attracted to females or even be bi-sexual. Two very different identities, but they can co-exist!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2009