can you recommend a good sausage to use for a spagetti dish?

want to make spagetti with sausage chunks for my picky toddler. can you recommend where i can buy good quality sausage and what brand sausage is good to cook with that will come out fairly tender so he can chew it? also, how do you cook sausage for the sauce - just put it in the sauce raw and cook it for a few minutes? thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I usually use Sweet Italian Sausage for spaghetti or lasagna dishes.
    MomonCoffee

Answer by MomonCoffee at 11:45 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I use pepperoni instead.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:57 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I like sweet Italian sausage. Couldn't tell you a brand name. I get mine from a local market.

I generally boil the sausage for a bit to cook it mostly through. Drain off the water, brown the outside. After it's nicely browned I throw it into the sauce and cook it until it's cooked through. (This is link sausage, not loose)

For loose sausage I would just crumble it up, brown it and then throw it in the sauce.

Sausage is pork and needs to be cooked all the way through. It should not be the least bit pink in the middle when served.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 12:09 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If it is available where you live, this is the best: http://uptonsnaturals.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 8:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• For a toddler- I would go with a sweet sausage instead of the spicy kind. But be careful- alot of sweet types have fennel seeds in them- those can be choking hazrds and taste pretty bad if bit straight in to.

Crumble the sausage and cook it all the way through like you would hamburger. Drain off the fat and then add to your sauce.

If you sausage is in a casing (like a hot dog) just snip the end and squeeze the meat from the casing.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2009