how to get a very sleepy 2 yr oldto get to sleep?

things that i have tried: reading 3 books loli started fallingto sleep
a warm shower with dove soap. jumping on the bed or dancing.

And im trying to get her ready for a daycare.

when she does go to sleep she likes to nuzzal under my neck or be rocked to sleep.

help....a mother losing sleeping trying to get to sleep

90210citrus

Asked by 90210citrus at 11:40 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• play really hard the last hour before bed then she'll be wore out.
    movie then bed.....my girls fall asleep watching a movie....some moms don't agree or like but it works out for us.
    does she have a "white noise" ? a fan or something like it to focus on the sound so all the little noises don't keep disrupting her.
    me-n-mygirls

Answer by me-n-mygirls at 11:43 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• try lavender, like a lavender bath soap and or lotion. Lavender is a calming herb as well as Chamomile, these are both used in alot of baby products for a reason! and also alot of activity and a full belly at bed time helps as well.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:46 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• sorry scratch the "alot of activity" suggestion. keep her as calm as possible!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• I bore mine to sleep with long books with no pictures. Read them history books and kill two birds with one stone.
    always_chris

Answer by always_chris at 12:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• The only way I got any sleep was keeping mine on a schedule. (or as close as I was able)
    My first 3 kids were a year or so from each other and would keep each other up at night talking back and forth to each other. I would have a bed time set at 7:30-8:00 p.m. and by 8:30 they were usually alseep or at the worst asleep at 9:00. Usually the schedule went like this...
    supper
    baths
    reading with momma on the couch with the water before bed
    they would be put in their rooms for an hour before bedtime to play and unwind
    (normally alot of them would sneak back in the living room to talk to momma and this was ok too)
    they would be put to bed at their assorted bedtimes -according to age... the oldest would usually play for 1/2 hour or so longer.
    Once this was all established the only time I didn't get much sleep was when one or another was ill or when we had the chicken pox and all 4 of us didn't leave the house for 2 months
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My 14 year old still sometimes wants "snuggle time" before she goes to sleep.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• History books? AWE-some. lol

I think you are doing a good job already. Probably not a good idea to jump on the bed though. Well I have to say that my dd at the age of two could stay up till midnight if you let her. I would let her take books to bed and she liked that. Make her room comfy with stuffed animals and patio lights above her headboard.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2009