what do u do if they just wont stop crying

Asked by cindy262 at 6:56 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you have fed them and changed them then some people say that a warm bath or soothing music or a you singing a soft song helps. My lil cousin used to like when i fanned his face with one quick swoop back and forth. Its usually something out of the ordinary that makes you say " that's all it takes"

Answer by Queentdi at 7:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Earplugs.

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:12 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• sometimes you just have to let them cry, leave them in the crib and shut the door a little bit and let them cry. check on them in like ten mins and go back, thats how they learn to soothe themselves

Answer by buddahbug at 7:27 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Here are some of the things I did:
    - trips around the block in the stoller
    - rolling the stoller back and forth where the floor switches from carpet to tile
    - playing white noise in her room - we used the "Car motor" track on the For Crying Out Loud CD
    - desperate car trips at 3am, driving until she finally fell asleep
    Nothing worked everytime and many things only worked once (like the baby swing). Check for other ideas.

If you have checked everything you can think of, put her in her crib, turn out the lights, and leave her. She's fine - now make sure YOU are fine. Babies who cry non-stop like this are more likely to be abused because their parents feel overwhelmed and angry. While she's in her crib, go sit outside, read a book, use earplugs, ANYTHING! You need to regroup so you can take care of her.

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:07 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Bounce them, sing to them, turn on the vacuum cleaner or some other loud noise, set them on the floor, go for a short walk outside.... good luck!

Answer by crazysocks830 at 10:06 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• let them cry. they will soothe themselves.

Answer by LauraLeeTo at 11:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Try a routine everyday and feed her at the same time. Babies thrive better on routine and it will cut down on the crying. Then she will probably start crying at the same time. My hubby and I can get down to the minute now of her "fussy time" during the day. And make sure she has schedule naps. Its takes about 3 days to make a habit and 2 weeks to get it down pat so don't fret.

Answer by mrstremblay at 12:05 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• what ever you do if you feel like your losing your cool step away some times its gas or teething try to find what is causing it if youve tried everything remember keep your cool

Answer by vidasmama at 12:17 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Try putting the baby in the carseat or bouncy seat & putting it on top of the dryer while it's going. That worked (but only once) for me. Things that work almost every time for us are: walking outside, singing (sometimes I have to sing for 2-3 minutes before he calms down, though, so don't give up too quickly), the baby swing, rubbing the side of his face or the top of his head while making the "shhh" noise in his ear

Girl, try anything & everything. Sometimes the most random things work. Good luck!

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:31 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• My baby ALWAYS stops crying when I either take her outside or put her in the bath. Hasnt failed me yet!

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:15 AM on Jun. 25, 2008