a few times a week my daughter will wake up @ night crying & she's been doing that since she was 4 mo old. Do they start having nightmares @ such a young age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Nov. 12, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son did the same thing!
    it worried me, because my SO and i don't argue infront of him, and as far as i know he's never seen anything that would cause a nightmare. but i asked his dr. and she said its true. she said for one, birth was traumatizing! (if they remember it..?) but i did some more looking into it and read that when something scares a baby, like a loud noise or a mean face, they can actually remember that in their dreams!
    Samanthao2006

Answer by Samanthao2006 at 12:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• my daughter did this too, and still does occasionally..... she is 17 months. The doc told me the same thing
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 8:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Do you go to her?? Could it be habit if its this long? I mean my son has by no means been a "good sleeper" he's 2 now but stopped waking around 17 months unless he is sick or teething..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2009