What to do???

My fiance has my son who is 3 months and has a 1 month old with another woman, she turned 21 a month before she had her child, she went to the bar and got completely shitfaced. Not even 6 hours after she had her child she was begging to leave the hospital so she could go and get drunk and she stopped breastfeeding when she left the hospital so she could get drunk and high. I know its her decision but I think it's wrong to care more about getting fucked up than her own child. I recently saw her in the grocery store we both had our children and her and her sister came up to me and tried to physically assualt me. She knows I won't retiliate in front of the kids but when she doesn't have her kids or her sister she runs and hides. she is constantly calling me and running her mouth and calling my fiance(i know he fucked up but everyone deserves a second chance) I dont know what to do without messing up his visitation rights

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I think he should be looking at getting custody not worried about visitation. You should be worried about the baby and what her drinking/getting high is doing to him
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Document, document, document. If a physical assault occured, talk to the store about ensuring they keep a copy of it on video.

I would fight for full custody after a few months and you see what happens. Do you need "twins" to take care of? No... but this little angel shouldn't suffer if you can help. And when she grows up, you'll always feel better knowing you did everything in your power to facilitate a good life for that child.

Document. Document. Document :-) Record the phone conversations... save emails. screen shot everyhting in question.
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 12:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• We can't get custody because we don't technically have our own place of residence, we rent an apartment from my parents. I always worry about my son but I know he is well taken care of, when im at work he stays with my mom until my fiance gets home. I am more worried about her daughters, one is 3 and she doesn't talk, hasnt even began to potty train and doesn't know any other food except raman noodles, spaghetti-o's and bologna. She gets well over $1500.00 a month from the state and pisses it all away on weed, pills, beer and ciggarettes. I smoke ciggarettes but I will go without to support my child whereas her children will get whatever she can scrape together after her needs are fullfilled
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• ok so you have a place to live and you make sure your son has food and is taken care of, do you have proof that she is doing this stuff? because if you can prove that your fiance and yourself are stable and are better fit to raise that child than you should be able to fight to get custody and because you do not own your own home does not mean that you cant get custody its the stability of you and your fiance and the proof that she is not stable that will get you custody
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 12:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I have saved everything that she has sent me but he deletes his messages and phone calls everyday and I need a subpeona to view text messages from my provider. I have a file in my file drawer just for her, it even has a chunk or marijuana resin the size of a quarter that was stuck to the 3 year olds sock when we got her for a weekend this summer.

Document, document, document. If a physical assault occured, talk to the store about ensuring they keep a copy of it on video.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• call dcfs, then leave it alone. set an example for your child and tell yur man to step up and handle this woman. its not your place. as for the assault, someone had to have seen it if it was that dramatic, so have her arrested. lots of dramamhere tonight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Call child protective services.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2009