If you knew how heavey the chain was before you put it on, why would you complain so much about it after wearing it for a long time?

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 12:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Because even the strongest women need a kind word and an outlet. Yes we choose it and we stand by it, but we not only have to hold our families up... we have to hold a soldier up and we seem to forget about ourselves. We are still human and still need to vent, cry, and hear one person say something nice!
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Cognitively it is easy to understand how heavy that chain is. But once you put it on it seems a bit heavier then what you thought. And then, the longer you wear it the heavier it seems to become. Some women can carry it better then others. Some women have heavier chains. And sometimes our DH's are there to help us carry that chain. But it is there once they are gone again, and after a little time seems even heavier then before.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:44 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Great analogy. And dang it I typed out a GREAT ( I think anyway ;) response to that other Q and it got deleted...dang it!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• what r u talking about? What chain?!?!?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yeah, me too. I typed out an answer to the question which got deleted ("Why do military wives expect sympathy when they chose that life").

My answer was that they ask for sympathy because they DESERVE it ! And so on.

Commiserating and whining is a main reason for the existence of CafeMom. So, bring it on, and we will listen, sympathize, try to support you and offer what ideas or advice we can.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 12:54 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• oh, this IS in response to the douche-y question about military wives. not that such trolling deserves a valid response . . .
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 12:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I didn't see the entire original question but just have to wonder what is the damage of some who'd be so devoid of compassion to ask something like that. i would find the separation alone to be a hardship,I can't begin to imagine how much worse the danger makes it.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 1:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'd also like to add that not everyone knows how heavy the chain is before they put it on. They just know that it is a heavy chain and that wearing it helps DH pay the bills, or makes him happy or whatever the circumstance might be.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• anyone who has ever carried a newborn child who is but 8 pound up and down the hall for hours should know. Even a little bit of weight if carried for an extended period of time feels heavier and heavier with each passing minuet. So knowing the physical weight can sound easier than what it will become. Time changes everything.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:00 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Do you ever notice how your child gets heavier and heavier the longer you hold him or her? Any weight can be bearable at a point in time, but over time, as the stress bears down on your body, it becomes harder to support. Not becuase the weight is any more, but because you weaken as a result.
    Anonymous