Answer honestly do you regret getting a pet?

Every once in a while I look on craigslist under pets and there are at least six pets a day that people want to get rid of. It's so sad. I mean it's better than giving them up to the animal shelter, but it still surprises me. If you do regret getting a pet, why? I'm curious because I'm thinking about getting a dog.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nope I dont regret it and I am the one who keeps taking in the rescue animals, although i was offered another dog yesterday and i had to say no becuase i know that DH would have a coronary if i took anymore lol 7 cats and 3 dogs is his limit, I am not allowed to rescue anymore. I have however continued to find homes for animals that need it, I just placed a sweet 5 week old kitten with a good family a few weeks ago, this is the second kitten i have placed with them. It is very sad to me how many animals are losing good homes right now because their owners can no longer afford them.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• No regrets at all. We LOVE animals. We have 11 pets now, but we've had up to 22 at one time.
    They bring us ALL so much joy and laughter.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Sometimes I do but i thinks its with the territory. lol I have a Jack Russell and besides being hyper, this one.....well hes stupid. *sigh* lol I love him to death and my kids do too, but he canr eally get on my nerves....(such as trying to eat the poopy diapers EW) Not saying all jack russels do, lol but make sure what ur looking at before you decide. :)
    babysugars2006

Answer by babysugars2006 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I do "rescue pets" ...if we find an animal ( which it has to be calm since we have kids) ...that is a stray, homeless or on the Urgent list at a shelter...we get it, and keep it until we can find a good home........ we got a lab about a month ago...and i actually put her on craigslist and i have someone coming to get her on saturday

I actually regret getting her, because my floor is ruined...no matter how many times we took her outside, she still peed as soon as she came in. At first i thought we were going to keep her and I bought alot of things for her too...which I am giving to the woman that is getting her. I also kindof regret it because, I really want a pet that I can love and I just cant seem to love any of them ( 2 years ago i had the best dog ever and she died ) ...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• they drive me crazy sometimes, but no, i dont regret getting them...cuz at the end of the day they make me happy!!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• They cost a lot of money when you have to take them to the vet so we got rid of them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I thought I'd regret getting another parakeet, but our bird is finally really getting comfortable with us.

And I will never regret our dog, no matter how many times she loses control of her bladder. **grin**

Answer by gdiamante at 2:00 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• No way. I have a cat, Frank. Who is my baby! until my actual baby is born that is haha. He is so spoiled and loveable. He is huge he weighs 23lbs! Even after my baby is born I think i'll just have two babies instead of one... lol
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 2:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Only when I'm cranky. I just got my dog from craigslist, and have two cats (one from animal shelter, the other brought to me by my sister who found him dodging traffic). It can be stressful some days but I grew up having tons of animals around so it feels weird for me not to have them. Plus it comes with the benefit of having a two-year-old who knows how to pick up a kitten the right way. ;)
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 3:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Oh I hate that!! We got our dog off of craigslist and it made me so sad to see all the dogs people just dont want. Every one seems to have the same lame excuse. "I had a baby and don't have enough time" "We are moving and the new place doesn't allow pets" Everyone is also "sooo sad to see him go" too. I think the majority of people are full of bs! They got a pet on impulse. They didn't look into how to care for it, how much it would cost, etc, etc. Then they neglect the animanl until they decide it is time to get rid of it, and when they do they really want to make money off of the animal as well. What I hate it parents getting a dog (or other pet) for their kids. Then they get mad when the kids can't take full responsibility for it. DUH!! Kids are immature! Life changes a lot when you are a kid. Just cause you can take care of a dog at 8 doesn't mean you will still have the time in jr high.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Nov. 13, 2009