EXTREME tmi so if you are easily grossed out...don't read this lol

this is embarrassing but i'm freaking out....after a month of being on the pill today is the first day of my period. i took out my tampon tonight and on the end of it was a very thick substance. almost a worm like texture that was stretchy but held its shape. i touched it GAGGING with a qtip and the more it was touched the more it dried up but was just weird in texture!!! seriously when i first looked at it i thought it was a worm!!! wtf is this!!! please tell me its normal!

missyj1

Asked by missyj1 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Health

• Was it red? Probably just a piece of your uterine lining.
    Gealach

Answer by Gealach at 12:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• um ya it was red but i thought that was just cuz it was covered in blood...it was kinda a whiteish color with red....it was huge tho...really scared me!!!
    missyj1

Answer by missyj1 at 1:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Let your doctor know. Do you have any other symptoms? It sounds like mucus. just make sure to get an appointment just in case its an infection.
    Newbegginings04

Answer by Newbegginings04 at 1:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Ewww. thats gross. It is a blood clot, most likely. Some woman get them more than others. They come in all weird shapes. Huh, huh...you touched it. LOL
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• ive had that before....it was like a blood clot...and it also had mucus on it --- i also poked mine with a q-tip lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2009