I am 40+2 and I have been having this sharp pain on the upper part of my abdomen I have dialated 2.5cm and I lost my mucus plug already. Could this be contractions. I have had some cramping in pon the lower part of my abdomen and back

I am really confused this is my first pregnancy please help.

kalcium

Asked by kalcium at 12:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you might be...any contraction??? it might be soon they do ssay after you lose the mucus plug that it will be soon.. it was like that with my first kinda different with my second
    mybabymylinh

Answer by mybabymylinh at 1:17 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Does the pain come and go? If it does is it hard to breathe when it's there? It could be contractions.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 1:21 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Does your tummy get tight? When you have a contraction your abdomen gets really tight and you can feel it with your hands on your belly. Sometimes you dont actually know you are having contractions too, I had that happen also. My contractions started out like menstral cramps and progessively got worse. Is there any blood? Is there a time patter to them? Start timing them. It sounds like it could very well be you are certainly due! I hope your bags are by the door! Good luck and let us know!
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Are you noticing a pattern with the pains?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• do you feel like you're going to throw up, poop, and cry all at the same time? can you not get comfortable? may be contractions! :) Good luck!
    yamdankypita

Answer by yamdankypita at 8:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• For most women there will be NO mistaking when you're in labor. Don't worry :) Just remember that a first pregnancy usually goes to at least 41 weeks, so hang in there and enjoy these last few days. You'll have your blessing with you soon enough :)
    beccimae

Answer by beccimae at 8:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2009