Are there any must haves?

Since i'm still on a daze and i'm trying to pull my self together before my baby comes. Let me know if there are any must haves when he is born? i'm 25 weeks, i live in fl and going crazy already lol

shorttie05

Asked by shorttie05 at 1:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you will need lots and lots and lots of receiving blankets. they are wonderful. um i cant think of anything else. im trying to..
    a.whaley38401

Answer by a.whaley38401 at 1:11 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Diapers. Lots of those.

Onesies.

Blankets as noted above.

Wipes.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My must have that I would have never ever thought of is a boppy pillow. I had no idea they existed when I was pregnant with my first. Thank goodness my cousin got me one.
    kidomom

Answer by kidomom at 1:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• The commonsence ones of course! But I couldnt live without: My changing table, my glider, playtex vent air bottles, NUK paci's, ZIP up footed onezies, Johnson's and Johnson's lavender lotion, and the washclothes with the soap already in them, the wipe warmer, the bottle dryer rack, extra sheets, extra changing pad covers. (Just two of each). Just to name a few.

We made it a habit that everytime we went to the store we always picked up SOMETHING: diapers, box of wipes, or CLEAR Balmex. So needless to say my daugther is 6 months old ans we just had to buy our 1st box of diapers since she has been born!

Congrats momma! Good Luck!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 1:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• the boppy pillow was great to have and so is some type of vibrating bouncy seat.
    swaddle blankets and burp cloths!
    if you are nursing then a pump will come in handy, especially in the beginning when your nipples are so sore. if you are nursing, also get some nipple soothing cream made by medela or lansinoh.
    laurenmason

Answer by laurenmason at 1:18 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• oh if you can. when you are in the hospital. steal their changing pads. the ones they lay under you because they come in handy when you wanna change your baby on your bed or anywhere really. cuz they are thick and really absorbent. so. you should steal the ones they have in the hospital. thats what i did. and im so glad i did.
    a.whaley38401

Answer by a.whaley38401 at 1:29 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• make sure when you buy diapers you dont buy 12 packages of newborns, your baby will grow quickly so make sure to not over buy, we made that mistake with our first I was stocking up ahead of time and didnt know any better, luckily a friend had a baby right after me lol.

burp clothes, onsies or gowns, socks, mits for the hands, there are so many things, many baby website have a layette list that is very helpful.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:29 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yes, dont buy too many boxes of the same size. They grow sooooooo fast. So get a few different sizes! TRUST ME you will need them at some point. And if you do get too many of one size (yourself or at your shower) Wal-mart takes back EVERYTHING!!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 1:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Those are all great answers but just a couple more things you ABSOLUTELY must have in great abundance when baby comes and forever after.....LOVE AND PATIENCE.
    BeccasSky

Answer by BeccasSky at 2:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• With my 5 month old, I could not live without the "miracle" blanket. She has been sleeping through the night since she was 3 weeks old. It was 30 bucks, but so very worth it! I have bought 3 more for friends that are having kids. Seriously consider trying it!!! The sleep at night is well worth it :) Here is their website.

http://www.miracleblanket.com/index.htm
    Larue09

Answer by Larue09 at 9:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2009