Christmas gift idea?

I am wanting to get my Mother-in-Law a personalized necklace for christmas. I really dont know where to get it tho...I'm even open to buying it online...she only has 2 grandchildren so far so I wanted to get her a necklace with two little plates with their name and birthstone and a little boy or girl and then later on when we had more children she could just add the new kids. But I cannot find anything like this...I have seen people with these but have no clue where they came from and I can't find anything close to what I am looking for! maybe someone know what i'm talking about?! thanks!

DavidsMom0218

Asked by DavidsMom0218 at 1:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Holidays

• Have you tried the store Things remembered? I havent been there in ages but they always had things like that.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:18 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Shortly after my sister had her first baby she got a ring made the size of her babies thumb or finger or something. Then the next year for Christmas she gave it to our mom on a chain. ...there's an idea.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34116742

This is the one I asked my husband to get me! I loved it! I think it is just sooo cute! and If you dont care for it there are several others on the site to choose from! Good Luck!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Oh I love these necklaces! To save some bank, I went to the craft store and purchased some chains and charms for my necklaces. The charms that I purchased were initials of all of my children. They should also have ones that say love, or mother. So if you cant find what you want on the net, maybe you can make your own. GL!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I just bought a necklace on www.photoworks.com that is awesome. You can go to the photo editor and enhance your photo you put on it then order the necklace. I did my son holding roses he bought me and did the whole picture black and white except for the roses which I left red. It came out very cool! My mom is already asking for one for Christmas lol
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'm a big fan of finding cool stuff on Etsy. I would look there.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 8:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2009