Hubby always away............UGH........

What other mommies are alone with the kids all the time while the hubby works out of town every week, and sometimes does not come home for weeks at a time. How do you cope? I am ready to run out and spend time with him when he comes home, and all he wants to do is sit at home when he is here. I HATE IT.

megbugsmom

Asked by megbugsmom at 1:37 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I understand your husband's point of view, as I used to be a road warrior. When you get home, you want to be HOME, not running out to yet more restaurants.

Time to enlist some other moms for activities and babysitting trades. Find things to get yourself out and about when he's gone.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:50 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I understand you want to spend time with your husband because you have been in the house all week. I do understand that your husband may think that is his relax time sort of speak, but you can plan some things, and let him know before he gets home so his is aware of the plans.
    willsurvive

Answer by willsurvive at 1:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• well my husband isnt away --- but he works nights, then sleeps all day, when he is awake, for the few hours before he goes to work....he is a huge, and i mean HUGE crab. and we cannot go or do anything unless it is his day off...and even then, he doesnt want to.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 2:21 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Im in the same boat dear. My husband is gone anywhere from 4 days to months...Its hard...I get soooooo bord and lonely sitting here at the house with the kids. Then when he comes home it may only be for 2 days so he doesnt want to go out on dates he wants to stay home...but I just try to make the best of it. We went threw seperation and that was not good!! When my hubby comes home I will order in from a fav restraunt and get a movie and have a date night in the living room once kids are alseep....Keep it excitting...and every chance you get pack the kids up and go visit him!! Good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I spend months and weeks at a time with ti just me and the kids. My husband is in the military and gone a lot. You have to learn to be self sufficient. Take the kids places - the park, the mall, play dates- etc. Keep yourself busy, establish a routine and things will go a lot smoother. Also, I understand why he just wants to sit at home when he is there. If you were gone from home and your family for extended periods of time, you'd feel the same way. It would be selfish of you to begrudge him that. Let the man rest and enjoy being home. Don't nag and guilt him in to running all over the place just because you didn't want to take the kids alone while he was gone.

abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 9:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• IM GLADE WHEN MINE IS GONE ! ! !
    lightbulbe

Answer by lightbulbe at 8:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009