Brand New Eyeliner..

I've never worn eyeliner before but I want to try it out to see if I like it, but the pencil is so hard I feel like I'm stabbing my eye with it. ANY tips for me to break this eyeliner in??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If you never wear eyeliner I would invest in a liner brush...studio gear makes a great one for around $18, I've had mine for about 3 years and its well worth the money. It softens and blends the line into your lashes for a more natural, less made-up look. IMO when it comes to eyeliner your get what you pay for ...my favorite for ease of application is Lancome basic pencil (around $16..its a long pencil..last a while). Another great option is breathing new life into your eyeshadows and adding a few drops of visine(its sterile) and use the liner brush for a smooth soft line...allow eyeshadow to dry. Great for funky colors or soft natural hues for day wear. As for breaking in a pencil...I've only heard of warming it up with a lighter for every use...better off buying better liner.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 2:36 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It all depends on the quality of the eyeliner. I really love the Avon Glimmersticks liners because they glide right on without tugging the delicate skin on your eyelids. They stay put all day too! Only $6! www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 3:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I don't think that eyeliner is supposed to be that hard. If it's a regular pencil, maybe you can sharpen it just to get the layer of hardness off. I use MAC eyeliner. It glides on so easily and smudges well. I also agree with the liner brush. It's well worth the money and can make your liner look so good. But with the other ladies, I agree with buying a better liner.
    crystac

Answer by crystac at 3:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I use Mary Kay's black liquid eyeline on the top lids and black defining pencil on the bottom lids. It glides on smooth. Using a liquid eyeliner you do need a steady hand.
    RidingPink

Answer by RidingPink at 3:07 PM on Nov. 17, 2009