What is your favorite foundation product?

I really could use a lite foundation to even me out and look less tired. I just want to find a sheer formula that brightens my complextion. I'm 29 and 2mos pregnant with my second and my skin is getting dull and dry. So instead of looking into a million products I'm hoping to get an idea from us Moms. I do appreciate suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I use only Bare Minerals by Bare Escentuals. It's great!! It's lightweight, gives your skin a pick me up and a soft healthy glow. You can also try the minerals by Cover Girl. I hear they are pretty close. And if your skin is starting to dull and dry...use a serum. A regenerating serum for daily use. It will really soften your skin and help bring it back to life. No that winter is upon us, you need to hydrate your skin more. I use the WalMart brand of regenerating serum and it works great!
    sonja911

Answer by sonja911 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I switch my foundations depending on the season but for winter I really love Avon's mousse foundation. Its sheer and light but helps you from feeling dry and covers well. You can try it at www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 4:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i also use bare minerals. I agree with using a serum or heavy face cream at night. Also don't forget to exfoliate. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Clarisonic face brush. It is pricey but SOOOOO worth it. I had really bad acne with my last pregnancy and dry skin, once I started using the brush my skin cleared up and stopped peeling. I get tons of complements on my skin with or with out makeup now!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 6:51 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I use Glomineral Tint foundation. It is pricey but you only need a little bit and it makes your skin look flawless.
    char944

Answer by char944 at 8:04 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I prefer mineral foundation.. it covers but it feels light.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Try this ....http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P119802&categoryId=B70

Truly amazing stuff...natural, sheer....love this stuff!

Before using this I used mineral foundation and loved that too although I do find the mineral stuff a little drying and have to use a really good moisturizer before putting it on.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 8:59 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• bare minerals now has a hydrating foundation that works great too!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:05 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I can't use bare minerals ( not enough coverage and dries my skin out ) or many cream or liquid foundations ( they irritate my skin). My salvation has been Revlon products. My favorite being the age defying line available for dry or combination skin.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 9:11 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Maybeline Age-defying foundation. It goes on light, and it doesn't make your face cakey or greasy. I buy mine at Wal-Mart. It has a maroon lid. It makes my skin feel so smooth, and has a lot of coverage. I agree with everyone that you need to moisturize every day. In fact, dry skin in adults can cause acne.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I agree Bare Minerals is the way to go. You can put it on as heavy or light as you want. It usually comes with bronzer if youre dark complected, but I'm fair skinned with dark hair and the medium and medium-beige work well for me. I just have to be careful with wearing makeup at all too often right now while i'm pregnant my face looks like a 13 year old boy going through puberty! Ugh.
    babychappellmom

Answer by babychappellmom at 12:13 AM on Nov. 15, 2009