My son is 11 months old.

He was circumsized at birth but for some reason it didnt turn out right. I ended up having to get him circumsized again. He is all healed up now. But for some reason he cant keep his hands off of it. Its not like hes just touching it, he;s pulling it. It looks like it hurts. He scratches it and all. I take his hands away but he cries and fights to go back to it. Bath time is the worst cuz thats when its free game. I dont know what to do. I dont want to tell him no, but if i let him do it, it gets really red and i think he can hurt it. He cries when his diaper goes on and scratches his belly when he cant get to it.. I dont know what to do, and i want him to stop.

mj.mania

Asked by mj.mania at 2:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe you should ask his doc if he is doing it because it's healing up still or some other reason. I would try not to let him as well. Tell him thats where his pee and poop comes from and there are germs so he'll get yucky on his hands if he puts them in his diaper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• His circumsizion was about 5-6 months ago
    mj.mania

Answer by mj.mania at 2:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Uh idk then; I just don't see why he would be so determined to grab himself; kids do that but he's still young...and it sounds like he feels like he needs to do it so that's why I thought it hadn't healed completely; maybe there is some other problem with it...I think I would call the doctor, but that's just me..sry couldn't help more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Hi, my sons circumsicion is not done right either. He has way to much skin but dr. says as he grows it will get better, I don't believe it! But as for the touching-- he has just found that it feels good to touch, I wouldn't say anything, the more attention he gets from you while doing it the more he will do it! It will not hurt him. my son found his at about 6 mos. and has now forgotten all about it! Good Luck!!
    logansmom130

Answer by logansmom130 at 6:31 AM on Nov. 13, 2009