Does anyone ever get tingling sensation/numbness in their hand?

I ve been feeling this way 2day and especially at night, sounds like carpal tunnel has anyone ever experienced this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, and it could be other things as well. Carpal tunnel for me included a lot of pain. It can also be MS, Fibromyalgia or Reynouds. Go to Symptom Checker. I think WebMD.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My hands tingle ALL the time. Carpul Tunnel Mild to Moderate for me, but the pain can be excruciating. I have to use wrists braces....Walgreens sells them.

I about fell off the table with the needle in my left hand, just under the thumb! I still drop things and it was nice to hear my DOC say, "It's a 50/50 thing with surgery, its a temporary fix." I said, " I have trouble with the steering wheel."

If my hands get worse, I may not be able TO drive any longer. I just live with the pain cause NOTHING they give you can cure it...prescription or over the counter meds wise!

I thought it was fibromyalgia but beware.....MANY doctors and therapists too do not believe in that and they associate depression with the body aches and pains..........yep! I was surprised too that my own PCP shook her head to it. If its NOT real then why give it a name and list conditions?

Good luck to ya! And yes.. Im in pain as I type!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:28 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You may want to look into getting a wrist brace for each hand. I sleep with mine on, or when I am not on the PC. Its OK for support. But you have a hard time driving with them so be careful should you use them.

Night time is best cause your hands, per my Doc and the surgeon says your hands tend to bend inwards at the wrist, its a natural thing. With carpul tunnel the pain is worse.

I refuse to take pain meds of any kind prescribed cause I have a child, of course and if I did it would be at night before bed.

Beware of too much Tylenol named brand Acetaphenmin...OR off brand acetaphenomin cause it can cause liver trouble if you take too much every day. I about messed up my liver years back and had to have a scan.

Take Aleve or Motrin, alternate between the 3. Try not to take it every day too. A heat rub MAY help but watch out for rubbing your eyes too!!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I get tingling in my hands a lot, too, but have no clue what it could be. I used to have a gangloid cyst in my right wrist many years ago that went away, but it still doesn't explain the tingling sensation in my left hand, too.
    I figure when it gets so bad that it interferes with my daily activities I'll then go see the doc. Since it comes and goes, I'm not going to worry about it.
    I wouldn't self-diagnose, though. Try to go see your doc if it bothers you a lot.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2009