why is it ok for older moms to talk this way about younger moms?

You look very young. I guess here is another example of a teen mother looking to abuse her baby. He is a BABY. PLEASE if you do nothing else learn about child development. Your son is WAY WAY too young to understand why you are hitting him. THIS IS AN ANSWER I JUST READ IN ONE OF THE POSTS ON HERE,I mean seriously another teen mom looking to abuse her baby? and this isnt even half of what i've heard women on here say about teen moms.I've heard they feel sorry for our babies,we are all on wic and we pawn our children off on our parents,our kids have nothing because we aren't financially stable! or our babies fathers are'nt in the picture!when will it stop?! if you think about it it's almost like being predjudice.

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 4:08 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think we can all agree that there are good and bad mom's out there regardless of age. I was a young mom, by choice. I had 3 children before the age of 24 and also did in home daycare when my youngest reached 1.5 years old. I had a waiting list for mom's trying to get into my daycare. I raised my children with values and morals and also helped raise about 30 other children (doing the daycare). Do not assume to know how someone parents due to their age, this is like judging a book by its cover. By the way, my children are now in college and all 3 are on the deans list, (pre-med, Mechanical engineer and biology major) all brought up in a home with young parents.
    Anonymous

• I am just curious as to why you think these are older moms criticizing or giving advice. What age do you have to be to be considered an older mom? Just curious.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Just so you know we're not all like that. So the answer is no they shouldn't. If anything we should be helping not degrading. Do what you need to do to get ahead. Most of these programs are suppose to be a hand up. Most of the young Moms I know use them for just that reason. Yes there are a few that don't. They stay on the system., But then again they learned it from the older Moms. Also I love it when my daughter " takes advantage" of me more grandma time.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 5:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Just remember most of the ones leaving nasty responses are looking to create drama. I just feel sorry for them, imagine going through life so miserable that you need to knock down people you don't even know anything about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i am probly the oldest mom on here and believe me i dont feel that way...i never say anything.my thinking is its your business.i have my own things to complain about on here and younger moms arent one of them.how do you know these woman are even older cause i really dont find alot of older moms on here.me thinks she protests to much!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'm a grandmother, one of the oldest moms, and I never say anything bad about teen moms. I have no problem with WIC, food stamps, financial aid, being a single mom, living with your parents, ect.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• The statements do give you and others to think about, doesn't it?

If teen mom's can raise their children under their own dime and not pawn them off to their parents then older mom's wouldn't say anything.

It does happen more often, than not.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Cuz some ppl are just bitches!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i dont have a problem with anyone who wants to be a mom, as long as they are being a mom. I do have a problem with people like my lil sister who depend on other people to do everything for her. My mom takes care of her and her two kids...my sister does'nt have a car, has no job, no support from the dad, and runs around with this new bf while my mom babysits. Why have kids when you have to depend on others for everything? I can understand the 1st one...but then why go and have a second one?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I think most of us are swayed by the stats and what we read in the papers... we need teen Moms like you to come out and tell us what you are doing right... expose us to the other side of the issue and put a more personal face on Teen Moms. When I say "us" I mean society as a whole, not just people on CM. So if you are a good strong Mom that happens to be a teen, keep on keeping on... mentor other teens.. improve the image...
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:25 AM on Nov. 13, 2009