How do I get my determined 9 mos. old to sleep?

Logan will not sleep in his crib or is he able to fall asleep by himself. We sleep on the recliner at night together. tried the cry it out for 3 weeks never got better, resorted to vomiting. Please help!

logansmom130

Asked by logansmom130 at 6:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's normal for children to not sleep through the night until they are 3. You are trying to fight hardwiring in the brain that has always worked for humans to keep babies safe. Human babies have always slept with their mothers and still do in most places.

Co-sleeping in your bed is safer than sleeping in a chair or couch. The majority of infant deaths that are blamed on co-sleeping actually occur in chairs or on the couch.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My son is 8 months old and he has the same problems. He will not sleep alone. Only during the day for short naps. Let the child sleep in bed with you. That is what I do, if not no one around here would ever get any sleep. It can not be good on you to be sleeping in a chair. And I agree with PP it would be much safer to just sleep in the bed with the baby.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2009