What Thanksgiving crafts are you doing with your PreSchoolers?

Hi moms! I run a small daycare, and I have 3 kids in the pre-school age range (Just turned 3, 4 1/2, and just turned 5) Any suggestions for something I can do with all 3?

MedicMommy

Asked by MedicMommy at 6:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Paper plate turkeys.

let the kids trace their hands on the plate and then get construction paper and markers or something that they can color of glue the paper on the turkey. I get the stick glue, like the packs of 3 so that my 2 1/2 and 4 year old can do it by themselves. The hand trace becomes the turtkey and the thumb is the head and the other fingers are the feathers.

Also we're gonna bake cookies and the kids get too decorate them.
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 6:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My nephew was sent home from school with a turkey feather to decorate. It was so cute!
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• We watch Noggin (well Nick Jr now) daily around here and they had a pretty cute idea. "Turkey Hand Cookies" Here's the link to the video:

http://www.nickjr.com/video/?videoid=100738

I also just looked at the website and they have tons of crafts for preschoolers. Have fun!

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:21 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Put brown finger paint on palm of their hand and thumb, then paint each of the other four fingers a different color then press onto paper. The brown is the turkey body and the colored fingers are the feathers. Then you use a marker to add a beak and some feet. It turns out so cute! I used to do them every yr and it is so cute to see the turkeys grow every yr w/the kids! You could also do them on paper plates then punch a hold and add a yarn hanger for a decoration. I love preschool crafts, they are my faves. Check out familyfun.com for the best ideas out there! Happy Thanksgiving and happy crafting!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2009