Any non-religious people who are morally opposed to abortion?

Notice I didn't say pro-life, because I believe you can be pro-choice yet still think abortion in the majority of instances is immoral. I'm just wondering if being morally opposed to abortion is something completely tied to having a religious viewpoint or if people can be opposed to it for non-religious reasons as well.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• A person does not have to have religion in their life in order to have morals.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I dont see how religion or morality has anything to do with being for or against abortions. Its individual will.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i'm not religous but i think 98% of abortions are wrong, there are very few instances which I agree that it would be okay such as........incest, rape, or life/death situations........besides that I don't agree with women that have abortions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Anon there are those who just do not think it would be right to FORCE others to pay for someone elses choice..esp when it goes against their morals/beliefs BIGTIME

and yes there are actually many non religious Americans who simply believe in personal responsibility/accountability and do not want to be forced to fork it over for something they are not at all responsible for..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Anyway last check the majority of Americans are not all for abortion...and one could surely conclude that not all of them are religious people
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'm midwife .So my job is to help people. I did give the oath to help people. So my views on abortion are just mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Me! I posted about this once. I am not religious, but I feel that the unborn child is just that...an unborn CHILD, not a worthless wad of tissue. The thought of destroying a little person like that makes me sick, much in the same way the thought of stomping a kitten to death makes me sick. Nothing to do with religion, just a feeling in my gut that says it just ain't right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I doubt most women who have had abortions think it is a 'worthless wad of tissue'.
    anklebitr

Answer by anklebitr at 8:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'm not religious but I think that it's a personal choice. I am pro-choice but like the OP said....I find it disturbing(to say the least) if an abortion is done merely out of stupidity(like a 1 night stand gone wrong). That to me is morally wrong, but still it wouldn't be my choice. I'm sure that even in the cases of rape, incest, and life/death, the choice to abort isn't easy but maybe easier than the alternative for most.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'm not religious at all, and I do believe that most abortions could have been prevented. To me "accidental" pregnancies are not an excuse to have an abortion. I was 19 whenever I got pregnant, I had my son and I am a good mom to him, I will admit that he was not planned. I was taking birth control pills and I took them right, but then I had my gal bladder removed and was put on antibiotics. I had heard of people getting pregnant on both the pill and antibiotics but I was one of those who thought it wouldn't happen to me.
    I understand that someone people just don't have the means to raise children, but there is adoption and there are tons of people out there who would love to adopt a baby and give them a wonderful life. So I think if you get pregnant and do not think you can take proper care of a child that you should put them up for adoption. The only time I see abortion as ok is during cases of rape,incest or life or death.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2009