What would u do?

I have a 8month old cat and he is crazy i try to make it work i do . Sometimes he can be the sweetest cat and something he is wild and messes up my blinds, couch you name it.. He even jumps on my 19month olds head .. I dont want to put him outside its really cold out there and knowone i know wants a cat.. I have a new baby coming in about 2months and i need to do something.. I have to put the cat in another room and shut the door just so my 19month old can play .. WHAT WOULD U DO????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pets

• Try doing that with a whole litter. I foster so i deal with this quite a it but i enjoy it. He is young at 8 months he is still a baby and so he is going to play and be active. Some kittens are more active then others but he will settle down. I would recommend that you get several differant toys some you can play with him and butn energy and others that are interactive. Ou can also get a squirt bottle to teach him to stop unwanted behaviors or get a soda can and put coins in it. Shake it at him when he gets to wound up and the noise will distract him and probably help calm him down a notch.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 7:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Putting the cat in another room is a good solution. We have a kitty tower the cats love. I also foster kittens and always get them in pairs so they can play with each other. Your kitten my need a kitten to play with.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• There are medications for cats. He may have anxiety from this little guy that sounds weird and smells funny. How about kitty valium lol
    kvick

Answer by kvick at 9:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• get him snipped.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• In my experience, cats act pretty crazy until they are about 3 years old. I'm down to just one cat now and I think to myself that I would like to get another one, but I may have to adopt an older cat because I'm not sure I want to take on the craziness of a kitten/toddler cat again.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2009