Whats wrong with me?

No matter how many times my Dr tells me that its not my fault in any way, I cannot help but feel like there is something wrong with me. Maybe it's hearing that my baby only has a 50/50 chance at survival...this is killing me. I cannot eat, sleep, think, or funtion in any way. My every thought is about this baby.

I keep trying to be positive about the blood in my uterus, it will disappear and everything will be just fine, maybe its old blood from a previous period and has nothing to do with implantaion bleeding.

I just dont get it, some things you read say implantaion bleeding is very common so why is there only a 50/50 shot of survival?

Its devastating. There is nothing I can do. I find myself talking to the baby all the time asking it to hang on, be strong. Yesterday I went to church, a place I only visit on holidays, I also went to visit my great grandparents grave as I am scared to talk to my family about this.

DisneyBride13

Asked by DisneyBride13 at 7:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You're obsessing. Let go. Turn it over to God and trust that He will make the best decision for you and your child on the way. Docs are often "cautiously optimistic" this early in a pregnancy, because even without the old blood seen, the rate of miscarriage is higher than in the 2nd trimester. Chances are that the blood will be reabsorbed by your body with no problems.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:47 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• There is nothing wrong you. It is human nature to try to blame yourself. But remember ITS NOT YOUR FAULT. I know it's hard, but like pp said, you need to try to stop worrying. Hold out for the best. You never know what will happen. My friend was told the same thing when she was pregnant and bleeding. The Dr's told her if she didn't lose the baby she needed to decide if she wanted an aborition and the baby would probably be severly retarted. She went on to have a perfectly normal baby with no problems what so ever. Just take care of yourself and find something to keep your mind busy. I hope everything goes well for you.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 8:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I know how hard it is when you are staring at the ugly truth. The good news is that god does work in mysterious ways. I know this personally from having two miscarriages. Then finally I was blessed with my son this year. Just have faith and everything will turn out as it is ment to be..
    kvick

Answer by kvick at 8:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2009