post partum questions (re-post from yesterday b/c i only received one response)

ok here it is, i gave birth 4 weeks ago vaginally but had to use the vacuum. i also tore in many places and received many stitches. i am still really sore down there. any suggestions on how to clean the area even though its really sore? every time i pee i use the water bottle they gave me but there is still a mild odor (nothing too bad) when i'm in the shower i let the water run on it but it kinda hurts. also, i've been bleeding since the birth up until a couple days ago. now fluid still comes out but its kind of yellowish. is this normal? and also, i had this line going up the middle of my belly when i was pregnant. i still have it. will it go away? could just use some help. this was my first pregnancy. thank you.

samantha21385

Asked by samantha21385 at 8:09 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The first is the roughest, well it was for me. The bleeding and the fluid is perfectly normal its your body trying to get all the stuff out. As far as the soreness goes yeah you are pretty much doing what you can I would run a shallow bath with warm water and soak for a bit. besides that I'm not sure whatelse would help...........its been a while........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Everything you described sounds normal to me. I had to have an epiziotomy (sp?) and several stiches and it hurt like heck for a long time - I would have to say six weeks or so after I gave birth. The water bottle with warm water is the best thing for you. Just keep yourself clean and you will heal, it just take much longer than any of us would like!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 8:19 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• when i had my first baby my mother told me to spray dermoplast down there i had an episiotomy and was really sore for a while it worked great and i used it with babies 2 and 3 as well it has a kind of pain reliever in it and made it to were i could sit down and not be in pain as far as the fluids coming from your body they sound completely normal and should stop after a few weeks if not before as far as the line on your belly i never had one but i do believe they go away

jen699

Answer by jen699 at 8:27 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I was the one that responded before. I looked at a few more websites and witch hazel was the only thing suggested besides the water bottle and sitz baths. Hope you are doing better soon.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• OP
    ty for all the help. how do i get rid of the mild smell without scrubbing down there? i also noticed that the right side of me (down there) is more sore than the left. i bet thats where most of the stitches went.
    samantha21385

Answer by samantha21385 at 8:49 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You don't need to scrub. Get a mirror and check it out. Sitz baths are helpful, try that. You sound like you're going through the normal healing process, pretty much.
    Good luck!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 9:00 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I would let it heal before you do anything to try to get the smell gone, its not like anyones down there anyway lol. As long as not overwhelming..................after its healed I myself have always used baby soap..........so no irritation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2009