What do you think it is good price to charge for in home babysitting / daycare?

I will be providing:
Breakfast
Lunch
Snack

I will take:
Potty Trained
Diapered

I am CPR and Red Cross Certified.
And I am In Oregon, Metro Area to be exact.

What do you all Pay or think I should charge?
Should I charge by the hour or by the day or by the week?

lovemylittle1

Asked by lovemylittle1 at 6:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Money & Work

• you should get quotes from other daycares around your area and knock a few bucks off, if you were start in a day, depending where you are from, in tx you would start out at 6.50 but the day care charges for potty trained kids, 90 bucks a week, and 120 bucks for diapered baies. you should charge by the week and and like i said just get some quotes and then knock off a few bucks, you are certified and if they cant understand that then they really dont want the best their child, not being ugly, sorry
    buddahbug

Answer by buddahbug at 7:23 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Around here in TN they charge $60- $75 per week per child, usually giving a small discount for siblings. If you do it by the day I would do $20 and $15 for each extra sibling.
    lisafc

Answer by lisafc at 10:51 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• around here in columbia, sc... the daycares range from $115 to $190 for diapered and $90 to $125 for potty trained. I do private home care and around here you will pay $50 to $100 per child per week. I pay $25 a day for my boys combined which comes out to $125 total. so... i'm getting an excellent deal.
    momsamillion

Answer by momsamillion at 11:21 AM on Jun. 25, 2008

• depends on the age and how mature they are
    fishersmom06

Answer by fishersmom06 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 25, 2008