How to soothe a teething grumpy baby?

Ok so last night was horrible, Brooklynn my 10 month old was up till 2am!! She was freaking out! When I tried to lay her down and nurse her she refused and starting rolling all over the place screaming and crying, now when I put her down on the floor she was fine! So I went in her room and tried rocking her she was fine, I shut the light off she FREAKED!!!

Now this whole time she was drooling!! I gave her some Tylenol earlier but not quite sure exactly how much I can give her! So I was just going to let her cry in her crib until she fell asleep. Yeah DH wouldn't have that, she continuted to scream and cry she wouldn't take a bottle, won't nurse and hasn't taken a binkie in 2 days.Finally after 2 hours she FINALLY took her bottle and fell asleep but still whined, sometimes when she starts to nurse she freaks out and screams and cries. I think her teeth are really bothering her....HELP ME!!!!

TuckyGirl

Asked by TuckyGirl at 9:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried teething tablets? They work wonders with my son. He too had some really bad nights before we got them.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 9:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Teething tabs work great!! Anbesol on her gums may help as well, good luck mom, also my DS was prone to ear infections while teething, so watch for that!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:12 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My 4 month old is going through the same thing its like he is waking up every 20 mins so I called my grandmother and told her nothing is working no tylenol, no teething tablets, I was like I just dont know what to do anymore he is driving me crazy. She told me to put vanilla abstract on his gums. So I tried it last night and he woke up at 3am for a bottle and he is still sleeping it is 8am here, we had a great night. Just give it a try.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 9:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yeah she was kinda grabbing at her ears last night but not horribly. But I wonder now if thats why she kept rolling over and stuff? But I will try teething tablets and vanilla extract, I was told not to use any ambesol or orajel because they actually harden the gums and make it worse....shes just so irritable today!!
    TuckyGirl

Answer by TuckyGirl at 9:26 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• So I took her to the doctors and she has no ear infection thank god!! B ut the doctor said to just give her some baby tylenol every 6 hours for pain or fever
    TuckyGirl

Answer by TuckyGirl at 6:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2009