do you ever feel bad for your baby?

i have a baby and he will be a month old on monday. i just feel so bad for him b/c he can't talk or crawl. all he can do i lay there and listen to me talk all day. he's got to be bored out of his mind. i can't wait till he starts sitting up and learning to talk.

mandielynn23

Asked by mandielynn23 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think they're bored at that age. They're brand new to the world so EVERTHING is interesting. They're to busy trying to figure out there new body and learning who you are. It's a lot to do.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 10:23 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I don't think babies are bored. I think their brains are wired to be in the present and enjoy whatever stage they are in. Babies can be so happy!

Get a sling and carry your baby around with you. Show your baby stuff. Sling babies are usually asleep or active alert, not bored. Studies have shown they cry less.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:24 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• lol he's not bored. right now, just you interacting with him is like going to disney world for a 5 year old. put different textured things in his hands and let him discover, like soft blocks, age appropriate toys and such. let him have tummy time often to start learning how to hold his head up well and take in his surroundings. soon you'll be chasing after him and miss these days :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:26 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• No way do I feel bad. I feed her when she's hungry, I change her diaper when it's wet or dirty, I cuddle her when she fusses. She's got it easy. LOL
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I wish I was my Baby! She has a GREAT life and TONS of Love!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 11:05 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Umm... my baby was busy crying literally all day long from day# 3 til 5 months, then only 1/2 the day til past a year so yeah, my angel was very much not bored..lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:28 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I feel so bad when my daughter is sick and there's nothing I can do.
    Anonymous

• lol. yea, i'd do that too. if he was crying i'd just say "aw poor little boy, everything is so tough." lol
    Anonymous