anyone else writing love on your arms for today?

There is a cause/group called
To write love on her arms- a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for those struggling with depression, adiction, self-injury and suicide

"You were created to love and be loved. You were meant to live life in relationship with other people, to know and be known. You need to know that your story is important and that you're part of a bigger story. You need to know that your life matters. "

today is National To Write Love On Her Arms day to support the cause. Both my daughter and I did henna tattoos of the word love on our arms last night.

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 10:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• not literally...but im apart of that cause & try to show their purpose everyday. its a wonderful cause!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Nope, not writing anything on my arms. That will not do anything to prevent depression, sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• *we did the tattoos because I was a cutter as a teen and my daughter is trying to stop (with therapy) we feel that it is a great cause and it means a LOT to her especially. she usually wears long sleaves so no one sees her arms -but today she has love written large and in beautiful letters and on her other arm we put hope
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Maybe I'll have my DH write it on my arm for me when he gets home. I was not a cutter, but I did have a very dear friend who was.
    rosesNclovers

Answer by rosesNclovers at 11:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2009