85 teens get pregnant every hour?

watchin steve wilkos gah i hate teens who purposely get pregnant at 14/15

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Teens have always gotten pregnant. The difference is now teens aren't married and our society not set up for teen parents to be able to thrive.

My grandmothers got married when they were 16 or 17. They were able to buy homes right away and my grandfathers made plenty of money to support the family. They started having babies right away.

My mothers generation women usually finished high school and got married at 17 or 18 and could buy the home and live on the husband's income. They had babies at 18 or 19. My mom was old at 20.

Things started falling apart in the 1970's when I was a teen and the economy changed.

It's biologically normal for teens to have babies. That's why we are sexully mature around age 13.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I don't know why they would ruin they're lives like that. Purposely having baby's when you're not able to live on your own OR take care of a child. Ugh...it's sick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It's biologically normal for teens to have babies. That's why we are sexully mature around age 13

Gailll...what are you on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• That is why I support full knowledge sex education. Kids need to know all of their options. Abstinence does NOT work. Tell a kid they can't do something, and that's exactly what they'll do.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• too much time and too little supervision.

parenting has really taken a down-ward turn recently it seems.
    Anonymous

• THE TEENS JUST NEED TO KEEP THERE FEET IN A PUCKET ! !
    Anonymous

• damn anon10:05 AM i hope you don't have kids sounds like your pretty much saying you ruin your life when you have kids. how bout all of you just deal with your own lives before you start contradicting others most of those teens are far better parents then others who wait till their older to have kids.
    Anonymous

• The part of their brain that develops an understaning of cause and effect isn't completely developed until they are in their mid 20's. Instead of looking down upon the teens I look down upon their parents.
    AngieAvila

Answer by AngieAvila at 4:53 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• Actually it doesn't ruin their lives. Also a lot of the teens I know who are or want to get pregnant have overprotective parents who try and control every thing. A lot of them do it to gain control of something in their lives. The parents should make sure they are educated and if THEY CHOSE to have sex make sure they have access to protection. It is just as much the parents fault as it is the teens!!! Sex is a natural human curiosity that happens when the teen hits maturity except it and address the issue of safety!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:15 AM on Nov. 15, 2009

• im going to be a teen mother. i didnt plan for this. but i will not let it ruin my life. it depends on age. but not all teen mothers suck at life or raising kids.
    HardyGirl19

Answer by HardyGirl19 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 17, 2009