hypnobabies?

anyone have any experience they want to share with this? a friend of mine is sending me her book and her CD. she admitted that she didn't put in the time it requires, but another woman told me she did it every evening for 15 weeks or so and that she loved it both during pregnancy and birth. i would love to hear others' experiences too though. thanks!

Stefanie83

Asked by Stefanie83 at 10:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have a friend who did it successfully for all three of her kids.

if you're willing to put the time and effort into it. worth a shot right?
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• thanks hyper, even her just describing the relaxation, i was very intrigued. i had a psychology class where our prof demonstrated his relaxation stuff with us and i LOVED it.

i'm not counting on a pain-free birth, although that would be nice. lol. my birth with my son was painful but not so horribly painful and i look on it as a good experience. so i definitely won't be disappointed if it is still quite painful but am really looking forward to learning more about it.

did your friend have pain free, or still pain but good experiences? thanks :)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• This website has a collection of wonderful birth stories written by moms who have used Hypnobabies.

http://www.pregnancybirthandbabies.com/POSITIVE_birth_stories.htm

Enjoy!

Darlene
    savvydoula

Answer by savvydoula at 2:37 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I used Hypnobabies for my 2nd birth and it was awesome! My first birth (although a wonderful waterbirth) was 32 hours long. My membranes ruptured very early and I had a perineal tear that required some repair. Using Hypnobabies, I visualized what I wanted for my 2nd birth. I wanted an easy 6 hour labor, I wanted my membranes to stay intact until the end and I didn't want to tear.

I had a super easy 5 hour labor. My membranes stayed intact until the final push. And I had a 8lb 10oz sweetheart in the water without a tear. It was so wonderful!

I really encourage you to try it and to follow the plan completely so you get all the benefits.

Best!
    Julie
    Doula_Julie

Answer by Doula_Julie at 2:57 PM on Nov. 14, 2009

• I used hypnosis for all three of my births. Hypnobabies was amazing. With Hypnobabies I was able to have comfortable, enjoyable, unmedicated births. The skills kept me confident and calm throughout the births. So much so that the midwives almost sent me home because they said I was "too relaxed to be in real labor." When I convinced them to do a cervical check, everyone was shocked to find out I was already fully dilated! I wouldn't even consider giving birth without Hypnobabies. Even my husband said to me after our first Hypnobabies birth, "Why in the world don't more people know about this? That was so much better than any birth I've ever heard about."

If you're going to do Hypnobabies, commit to it. Really do it as it's explained in the materials. It's worth it! It's easy to fit into your day, since you can do much of the practice literally in your sleep. Hmm, better sleep, amazing birth...why not learn it?
    sudonk

Answer by sudonk at 11:33 AM on Nov. 16, 2009

• thanks so much ladies. sorry i didn't see these other answers until now :)

my doula also said the nurses thought she was just like 5 cm by the way she was asking and then she pushed out her baby 3 minutes later. lol.

i'm really excited and can't wait till my friend sends me the hypnobabies stuff!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2009

• I used Hypnobabies with my last baby and LOVED it! Practicing will definitely help you have a more comfortable experience.
    EnjoyBirth

Answer by EnjoyBirth at 5:29 PM on Nov. 17, 2009