Will I go into labor soon????

I am 38 weeks pregnant with my 3rd chlid and I lost my plug last night. Went to the doctor last tuesday and she said that I was 3-4 cm dilated and 50 percent effaced. She said that she thinks it would be within the week, but if not then she will see me next tuesday and help get things started. I am ready to have this little girl. With my plug it wasn't bloody, it was just like snot. Do you think that I will be in labor soon???/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can lose your plug more than once
    You will just have to wait and see
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Usually the more kids you have the quicker they come(at least in my experience...LOL I've had 4 out of seven without c-section). I have to say that you can help bring on labor by walking, since you've already lost your plug sex is out of the question at this point(sorry Lol) and I've heard that nipple stimulation also helps labor along(read it in "what to expect when your expecting". You should check with your doc though first about that one. I think i read in there or somewhere else that it can bring on labor too quickly. I went on a drive down a bumpy gravel road, supposedly that helps things go along but not sure how safe that really is to do LOL Train tracks too...ahh those were the days. LOL

CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• There is no way to predict when it will happen, i'm curious, next week you will be 39 weeks, why would the doctor do anything to help get things started? You haven't even reached your due date yet.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 10:58 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i do think you will have your baby soon, but it also could be 4 more weeks. i wouldn't want the OB to "help things along", whatever that means. you might want to find out exactly what she means so you can see what the risks are first. i really wish OBs wouldn't tell people it will be within a week because then a month later, they are so frustrated! gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I asked her earlier in my pregnancy if I could get induced.  My actual due date is the 24th, but my induction date is the 20th. I tend to have really big babies, and have had some complications. I had an induction date with my second kid too.

samanthasmama

Answer by samanthasmama at 11:04 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• "I asked her earlier in my pregnancy if I could get induced. My actual due date is the 24th, but my induction date is the 20th. I tend to have really big babies, and have had some complications. I had an induction date with my second kid too."

what if your due date is wrong?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I think your baby will come when he/she is ready. They all come out eventually.
    Anonymous

• jeez you dont have to ALWAYS be around your due date,HAVE YOU NOT heard about dates being wrong???MY first date was november 9 and now its 17th, but i am having an induction also on the 20th.. I have big babies and one of them almost didnt make it cuz i couldn't push him out, so ifyou haven't DEALT with this personally then i suggest you dont say anything that you dont know about..EVERYONE is different if you haven't already noticed..
    Anonymous

• Waht the heck are you getting so defensive for??? For your information my first baby almost didn't make it either. She got stuck...I was in labor with her for 20 hours after my water broke. And my sceond child almost didn't make it either. He was born with complications.....so I wasn't trying to be whatever you think I was doing...... I can tell your hormones are going!!!!!!
    samanthasmama

Answer by samanthasmama at 9:48 PM on Nov. 15, 2009