When did you start having Braxton Hicks?

With my first DD I didn't even know I was in labor and just happened to be going in to the hospital bc my Dr was going to induce me bc I was past my due date but when I got there they said I was already in labor and having contractions. I always expected it to hurt but it was just my stomach tightening up and a little pressure down low. Well I'm almost 28 weeks pregnant and this week there have been two different days where I was having the same thing happening where my stomach is tightening up and I get kinda uncomfortable and feel a little pressure down low. Is this Braxton Hicks contractions? Like I said, I've felt this 2 different days this week (last night and then like Mon or Tues night) and I felt it like 3 times each night and then it stopped. Is it normal to have it happen this early?

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 10:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i was more like you with your first with my first, no BH but had crampiness all night the night before i went into active labor. i do think it is normal to have them for the last few months, so long as you aren't having a few per hour. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• BH contractions happen throughout pregnancy. Usually women start to feel them around 20 weeks or so, but some feel them earlier, some later, and some not at all. As long as there aren't more than 6-8 of them in an hour and they aren't getting closer together and/or more regular/intense - in short, as long as they go away - then it's probably just BH.

And it's different with different pregnancies; with my first, I started feeling them shortly after the 20 week mark, and some of them took my breath away; with my second, though, I felt no contractions at all until labor.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:10 AM on Nov. 13, 2009