Is going out to have a drink and a lil fun acceptable when you have children?

Hey yall :) in 24 yrs old and my son Conner is 16 months old. I only have one person who i trust to watch him and its my aunt kelly. (gotta love the great aunts) Since conner has been born we MAYBE get a break once every other month. When we do get a break Most times my hubby and i just hang out, spend some one on one time together and maybe get some cleaning done. This thime of year there is all kinds of Christmas parties going on and we were invited to one this weekend... my question is would it be irresponsible if we let loose and had a good time. We hanvt drank since before i was prego and to be honest im just really ready to have a good time and have as many drinks as i want. lol Even tho my son is safe and in good hands im still debating weather i should just go all out and enjoy myself or like usual be the responsible parent and go to the party, stay sober and leave early?

31angelmommy3

Asked by 31angelmommy3 at 11:14 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Go have fun everyone needs a night to relax.
    Ignore rkoloms she thinks she know EVERYTHING
    It is fine just dont get trashed Have fun but dont over do it.
    I know how you feel I hadnt drank sincec before i was pregnant and a couple months ago i had a couple beers at a friends bday party .
    HAVE FUN !!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Why do you need alchohol to have fun?

Answer by rkoloms at 11:15 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• it's ok to have a drink once in a while! just make sure you dont go overboard. perhaps one of you can be the DD or just have one drink and give yourself an hour to sober up before driving home! or dont drink at all at the party and let loose when you get home
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:18 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yes, it's ok to go out and have a couple of drinks as a Mom. Sometimes needed hahaha! Anyway I just hate seeing a Mom who abuses it and goes out drinking every weekend.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If you are leaving him with someone responsible it is fine to go out and have some drinks and have fun. The important thing is that you dont get so drunk thta you mke irresponsible choices. Make sure you have a driver..plan in advance. Your actions effect your sons life now so you dont want to do anything that could cause you to get in trouble or get hurt. Also keep in mind that you are his mother and you need to conduct yourself in such a manner. A little tipsy is one thing but dont get so tipsy you are embarrassed the next morning (which could happen if you havent drank in a long time..you will feel it faster :) lol IMO if you ae responsible still it is fine to go have fun with hubby at Christmas parties!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• ok maybe i need to clear things up for a few ppl so it dont sound like ima be a reckless drunk... cause thats not the case at all. Its at a hotel and we would have our own room to go back to. I am old enough to know when enough is enough and deffinitly have no intensions of over doing it. Heck its been so long since ive drank it would probably only take 2 to 3 drinks to be feeling good lol
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• lol im really excited. i think its gonna be refreshing for me and my hubby
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 11:29 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• angelmommy- what you are describing is fine IMO..very nice that you have a room and you dont have to go home afterwards! Go Have fun!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Im anon 8:20
    I wasnt trying to make you think I thought you were wreckless.
    I hope you know that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• As long as you have a good babysitter, and not out all hours, or hung over, it's fine. That's how I feel about it. A drink once in a while is no big deal.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 11:30 AM on Nov. 13, 2009