Have you heard this before??

That a mother who's had a c-section has a harder time bonding with her child than a woman who's given birth naturally??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes and I believe in some cases it's true. A lot of mothers aren't giving the time to bond with their babies. I couldn't even hold my son until an hour after he was born.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Heard it and its complete b.s.

If you dont bond with your child it has NOTHING to do with how they came out of you. Its totally and completely on YOU and YOUR attitude.

I had 3 c/sections and had NO issues whatsoever and I know dozens of others like me who had no issues as well.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• thats silly.

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 11:36 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My best friend has had two c-sections and her boys LOVE her to pieces. They are as close as ever!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:40 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I should also say that it does have to do with the policies at your hospital. Where I delievered, they wouldn't let me hold him or see him until I was out of recovery. And yes, that does have an affect on bonding.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• That's bull shit. Just because a woman has a c-section does not mean she will have a harder time bonding with her baby.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I've heard it, but I don't buy it. I had my oldest naturally, and my youngest by c-section. I bonded with both of them, and never had any issues. I think if there are bonding issues, it has nothing to do with how you gave birth.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 11:48 AM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I don't believe it. I had both, and the 4 days in the hospital after the c-section were a great bonding experience for us. We really got good at BF before we left the hospital.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I have seen the research on it and believe it is possible depending on the hospitals policies after the c-section. But hosptials can also have a bad effect on the bonding experience with a vaginal delivery too depending on their policies so I think it more depends on the hosptial policies then anything else.
    Anonymous

• I had two c-sections. the first was an emergency. I bonded just fine with both
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2009