I was on craigslist looking for a sitter for our puppy...Does this seem a little spendy to you?

I live in an are that is very low cost living.
This is the add:
"Are you looking for a pet sitting that will travel to your home, stay the night and take care of your pets while you're away.
I am a vet tech student at NDSU that will help you with:
During the day potty breaks- $10.00/visit
Over night pet sitting in your house- $40.00/ night
Giving your pets daily medications while you're away or if you don't feel comfortable doing it- $10.00/visit
Or any other needs you and your pets might have such as walking, yard clean up or trips to the dog park
I can also do nail trims, nail filing, ear cleaning, teeth brushing, and giving baths

Please email for more information.
I am available most weekends, over thanksgiving, and weekday evenings/ visits during the day are not a problem.

I WILL COME TO YOUR HOME! "

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pets

• That's lower than the average, at least for around here. Most people here charge $15-20/day and around $50 for an overnight.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 1:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Sounds very reasonable to me. I know several pet sitters that charge more then that.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Actually that sounds very reasonable. A friend of mine does pet sitting at 15 a visit. 55 a night to stay.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I think it reasonable as well. Do you have family that could help maybe? I keep my SIL dogs for her all of the time. I do not charge her, I just do it to help her out.
    Anonymous

• Sounds reasonable to me. Especially for a puppy. Puppies have to be let out WAY more often than adult dogs and have to be watched closer (so they dont chew things, eat things they shouldnt etc.)
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 4:32 AM on Nov. 14, 2009