How do I balance work/self/wife/mother!

With so many people that I have to be, have to take care of, so much responsibility it gets very chaotic at times,at alot of times..any advice! any fun stories to share!?Motherhood is a lot harder than i thought, I don't have as much time with my children than i thought i would,it's not as aesy either! and marriage also isn't as easy as I thought it would be! but it's still fun!

sexymommimn

Asked by sexymommimn at 12:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• You don't. Something has got to give. Usually with moms it is the time for self and health. Not saying it is the right answer, just saying that is how it usually is.
    Anonymous

• LOL Marriage is tough and I adjusted to motherhood WAY easier than marriage..KWIM? I am not sure that my answer is taking you in the direction you want but here it goes.....In order for me to "prioritize" everyone and everything, I have a large dry erase calandar on my fridge. I write our schedules on it and then any personal thoughts, ideas, errands, crafts, activities, etc., are written to the side column. On Sundays, I look at my calendar. I move/write my ideas, activities, school junk, from the side column into that next week to try to balance everything out. Its a great way to communicate with your husband also and even he can write things down onto it. I have diff colored dry erase markers and draw little pictures all over it to make it fun and my dd is writing stuff for me. OF COURSE I write my girls night out dates on it too! Hope this helps.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:19 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• cont...My calandar is the first thing in the morning that I look at. I usually glance at it a few times during the day looking ahead and all. Visuals are a great help to me and if my fun activities dont get done that week, they arent forgotten, they are just waiting for their turn. LOL
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Well, you will have to let certain responsibilites go until you have time for them, I dont rush to cook or clean cause that can wait til my son is in bed, I make sure my son is in his crib/bed by 8 so me and my husband still have an hour a night to spend together - he does work nights so that makes it kinda tough, He is very helpful also which is amazing, although we were together for 10 years before having our son and our relationship was stable and great by then, making a baby together was/can be very hard too - especially when it comes to different views on parenting, we are still learning together and he was far from helpful for the first year, our son had terrible colic and it took a toll on both of us! We try to have date nights or play cards 1 night a weekend after our son goes to bed just like we did before he was here. Routine and letting each other still have friends helps too!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• haven't really figured it out yet. lol

married going on 12years, oldest kid is almost 9....

hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2009