Do you feel Cafemom is a good representation of the members?

Im just asking because ive been seeing a lot of negative posts and questions. Does the bad out way the good? To the new comers... what is your views? And to the veterins... what have you experienced?

31angelmommy3

Asked by 31angelmommy3 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I stay away from groups. I have been met with some ignorance that has left me breathless, and with kindness that has brought me to tears. I think for the most part the good outweighs the bad, or I would not check in every now and again. I learned from the get go, you have to weed through the ignorance. This site has also opened my eyes to new ways of thinking. I have 5 children from 23 on down to 3. I am 43. I find a lot of the young moms here have soooo much to learn, but other young moms offer some insight to questions I have posted, that have made me consider things in a different way. So for the most part, I like it. I ignore the crap.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It depends on where you are. In sections like this one, you're going to get one heck of a mixed lot. There are groups on here that are very low-drama and really great groups and then there are those that are created specifically for the "fun" in the drama that we can find here, and they can be great for other reasons too. Since it's an open forum you just have to keep in mind that everybody is free to share their opinions and you need to be willing to take the good with the bad. You just can't let anonymous (even with open profiles and pics they could be somebody other than they say) people on the other side of your screen whom you are not likely to ever actually meet, get to you. IMO, there's definitely enough good here and enough really great ladies to make it worth sticking around.
    Anonymous

• that was a wonderful response and im sorry you choose to appear anonymously. It was very thoughtful and honest :)
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I was in a group and like this Q&As. I found the group to be much calmer and respectful of opinions. And often more helpful, but in the Q&As you get a wider variety of people. My group was my city, so it was people I would meet and speak with in real life. I don't know if that makes people more respectful or not. But in the Q&A, there's so much more drama. I'm not sure how other groups are, as I've only been in the one.
    Anonymous

• Ok to be honest ive joined groups but im really clueless on how it works :(
    31angelmommy3

Answer by 31angelmommy3 at 1:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• There is such a wide variety of ladies here on CM, and so much to do, that a member would have to spend some quality time in all areas meeting all sorts of different ladies in order to determine whether this is a good place for them.
    I have found such a bunch of lovely ladies on here from all different walks of life and of all ages that, yes, I do feel that CM is a good representation of moms.
    I hope everyone else can explore all the multiple facets and avenues of CM so that they can connect with other wonderful ladies as I have. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 4:26 PM on Nov. 13, 2009