Respect -- I challenge you

Think of something that you are opposed to or have very strong feelings about. Now imagine you are on the opposite side of the argument. Can you think of something respectful to say back to yourself to disprove some of the preconceptions that you have? Not necessarily about the topic, maybe just about the people with that view point?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are you saying for us to have respect for women who do not agree with us? And try to think of it the way they do?

Like i think Abortion is 100% Wrong i believe it is a baby no matter what. Then there are people who don't see it as wrong. i can understand where they are coming from, I can see their point, especially if they have been raped. Will i tell them they are DEAD WRONG and that tissue IS A BABY! no I will not do that! why should I? to start an argument? EVERYONE is entitled to their opinion, that's what is so amazing about the human race :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Why? If I am right, and I know I am, why do I need to be respectful of the other person who is clearly wrong?
    Anonymous

• Sure i can. I do not vaccinate. I do not like to call myself "anti-vaccine" but for the purpose of the question we'll put me under that label.

Now, me as i am now would say to my other pro-vaccine imaginary self: "I trust that you have done enough research to make you comfortable with your choice. Good for you for making the right choice for YOU and YOUR family".
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My brain wants to explode when I try to fathom being a right-wing conservative gun-toting Bible-thumping racist woman who does nothing but sit at home barefoot and pregnant. *shudder*
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Abortion is murder
    Anonymous

• Cait, grow up, we can't all live the glorious life you do.
    Anonymous

• Ok, so based on this small sample, only 1 in 4 cafe mom members can show respect? The concept is simple. You can disagree without forcing your opinion and without attacking / name calling of the other party.
    Anonymous

• LOL Who said I lived a glorious life? Don't read so much into things. And I'll grow up when you grow some balls and show yourself.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Ok, I am an adult. I will give this a go. I have always been pro-life. However I had an experience that was dark and scary. I still say abortion is wrong, but I can honestly now see an example of why it may be a good thing that I would have that option should the need arise. So moral of the story, don't judge unless you can honestly say you have walked a mile in someone elses shoes.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• caitxrawks you are alright. stand up for yourself. I tried to do that and got my answer deleted while the other lady called my son a smart ass and so I called her one in response and they had the audacity to knock out my response and kept hers on. How sick can this code get??????
    Anonymous