My son has always slept through the nigh, now in the past 2 weeks, he is waking up every 4 hours screaming. I have tried food, diaper changes and tylenol for growing pains, nothing helps. Any ideas what is happening and how I can fix it, I am so tired.

racheldiez

Asked by racheldiez at 12:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How old is he? Look up night terrors. Also if he seems in pain and night terrors don't fit, TAKE HIM TO THE DOCTOR. He may have an ear infection or something.
    Anonymous

• night terrors is a really good explanation actually. my oldest had night terrors and all i had to do was catch her before she woke up and hold her hand and say its ok mommys here and she would calm down. its actually kind of funny during one of them i asked her what was wrong and she screamed "i cant catch the pink rainbow"
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• If he's 0-12 months its pretty normal for him to not sleep through the night. It could be teeth coming in or just a need for mommy. If ear infection is a possibility by all means take him to the doctor. Otherwise, waking up isn't a huge deal at this age.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 12:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• How old is he? My son had colic and he would do the same thing. Yet you still need to take him to the doctor it could be an ear infection or other things.
    Dylans_Mommy09

Answer by Dylans_Mommy09 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009