Anxiety and needing ideas...

Having a horribly anxious day due to events out of my control that I am just waiting to hear what happens. I need some thoughts on things to try to destress/ take my mind off things with a 2 yr old in the house and no one to really hang out with. PS I have a car.

Jezture

Asked by Jezture at 12:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Health

• Are you getting enough vitamin D? Check the internet for deficiency symptoms.
    Anonymous

• Go to a park fresh air is always good and it will give your kid something to do
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• do you have anyone who would watch your child for an hour or two? sounds like maybe you need to take a relaxing bath or spend 15 minutes working out. working out can really be a great stress reducer. if you cant get a sitter i bet your baby would have alot of fum doing some yoga with you.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:38 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Also get your thyroid checked out.....simple blood test can tell if your levels are higher then they should be.

I never knew thyroid troubles could cause a bit of depression, aches and pain and short tempered behavior..........which is me ( short temper ). I was never like this years ago! Im on thyroid meds now and just started them so I hope it helps me. Watching caffeine intake too.

Being you have a car, take your daughter on a little nature walk.....either at a park close by or even your own back yard.........bundle up if cold and explore the nature outside and teach her about the falling leaves for fall.

Maybe go to the public library, they do have story time in most of them.........she can sit with you and listen to a story, or read through books together.

Good luck to ya. If you need to vent or a friendly ear..just send me a message.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• The first thing you should do is try going to the park. It may seem like something you don't feel like doing but once you get there and the lil one is playing and you are enjoying the beautiful day, it will be well worth it.
    Anonymous