What's the best opening statement to approach a person that lost a tremendous amount of weight?

My neighbor had gastric bypass surgery a couple of months ago. I saw her this morning for the first time in months after her surgery and she looks amazing. She cut and dyed her hair and lost about I would say 115 lbs. Next time I see her I would like to stop and talk but I'm not exactly sure what to say. She was a pretty woman even big, so I don't want to approach it with "Wow, you look great", because she looked pretty before. I don't want to make it seem like she looked like crap before and NOW she's pretty.

What's the best thing to say? How would you want someone to approach you?

momtotrips

Asked by momtotrips at 12:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Health

• Just tell her that she looks absolutely fantastic.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:42 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i agree, acknowledge how good she looks. shes not going to think it meant she was ugly before. she would probably love to hear that you think she looks amazing.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Well, since my husband had this surgery done he has lost 159 lbs. The best thing to say is, "WOW you have lost a ton of weight." Why because they have and they have WORKED hard. It is NOT an easy life change and they should be proud. You should be proud of her as well. :)
    Anonymous

• Tell her she looks amazing.... I'm sure this has been a hard road for her, she will appreciate the compliment!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:08 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Holy crap! You look AWESOME!!! That's what I'd like to hear. LOL
    Anonymous

• well you could always act like nothing ever happened and talk to her like you always have!
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 3:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2009