What did you do when your kids moved out?

Did you get a job? Continue staying at home? PARTAY? =)

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 12:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I was a young mom only 15 when I had my first and 18 when I had my second. I am 38 and my kids are out of the home. My husband left me the day our youngest left for college. Apparently he was only with me for the kids. In his defense we both grew up and changed over the years. So I am single 38 and have no clue what I am going to do. We never really saved money could not afford to do so since we were working to raise our family. I am too tired to party. I have many regrets now. Wished I had waited until I was older to start a family. I would still have kids at home and might have made a better choice in picking my spouse. I am in school now and hopefully will be finished in a couple years. I work a crappy job right now but it pays the bills. I feel like a 60 year old not like a person my age and wished I had slowed down my life when I was younger.
    Anonymous

• I'm a ways away from that, but I have plans. Let me say. I won't partay necessarily, but the freedom might just go to my head. I'll only be 46 when my youngest turns 18, so not too old to have a good time.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It wasn't the oldest one leaving that was hard. My youngest leaving for college tore me up. I would walk in his room and cry everyday for the first three months. I finally did break out of it. My son was doing well at school, making new friends. 200 miles diodn't seem so far after all. My husband finally finished his Masters and we had lots of free time, to ourselves. We had a ball. We had worked hard to stay close while raising the kids We went on a cruise, went to Mexico, had sex in every room in the house and had a blast. 9 months later we got a call that changed our lives, again. We had to go get our 2 grandkids. Reunification was the gaol but last year the courts finally said 'enough" and stripped parental rights. They are now formally adopted. We have had to start all over again. If I knew then what I know now..I wouldn't have blown off 3 months crying.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Im just waiting for the day when all three of my kids are in school....I will paint and take art classes.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I'll tell ya in 20 years!---WOW, that felt weird to say.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Loving my life, I am a "happy empty nester".
    Anonymous

• I have two that have moved out and two that are teens still living at home. I kept doing as always, I work from home. It just changed the relationship a bit. One of the elder boys went into the service and I went on a mission to send him as many goodie boxes as possible. When he was stateside he would crack up when he called here and ask me if I didn't think they sold junk food and goodies there as well. He really appreciated it when he was overseas a great deal though....and he always shared with his buddies. : ) Don't get me wrong, I miss them a bunch, but I am hoping to do some traveling around the country when the youngest two have moved on.
    Anonymous