breast milk

My father commited suicide 3 weeks ago today. Ever since my milk production keeps decreasing almost daily (I pump while at work). I drink mothers milk tea and eat oatmeal. What else can help me bring up my milk supply? Mom says it is stress but I don't know why it continues to decress so much.

jombmomi

Asked by jombmomi at 12:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• because weather you think so or not you are still stressed and stress will decrease your milk supply. contact your local hospital and ask for an appointment with the lactation consultant. it should be covered by your insurance and if not i was able to see one free of charge,
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 12:59 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It is stress, but that has less to do with it than pumping too much. Look at a picture of your baby while you pump and make sure you have a decent pump. Throw out an Evenflo... they are notoriously horrible. Invest in a Medela or Ameda double electric pump. It will save you a bundle in formula costs down the road.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• it is the stress. i only pump and when am stress out i pump less.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Stress sorry hun. I would try taking Fenugreek and many of the other things listed on www.kellymom.com to increase supply.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• What are your indications of low supply? Pumping output isn't accurate. Normal pump output is one half to two ounces.

How's the dipe count? THAT is the ONLY thing that really tells you anything. 6-8 changes daily means your supply is fine.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2009