I've had this cough for a month now..

I haven't gone to the doctor for it and I'm not sure that I should. If I do, I will have no choice but to take my 2 yr old and my 4 month old with me and I'm afraid it will be a big hassle and they will tell me I'm fine. I haven't gone to the doctor because there are no other symptoms, just an ever lasting chest cough - no fever and it does not disturb me when I am sleeping. What would you do?!!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Health

• Call the advice nurse.
    Anonymous

• If we say don't go, it could be asthma or pneumonia or bronchitis, if we say go, it will probably be nothing. So call.
    Anonymous

• nasel drainage?? Even if you dont think you have a stuffy nose it maybe bacuse it is draining down your throat try some nasel spray it may help.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Sounds like asthma. You should go.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:07 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• It is probably a seasonal allergy. Make a syrup with equal parts honey and cayenne.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Do you smoke? Are you taking any prescrition meds? Some meds can actually cause a cough, particularly BP or heart meds. Any chest pain associated with the cough? Since you don't have any symtpoms i would not think it would be asthma (Wheezing is the hallmark sign), pneumoia, or bronchitis. but, everyone's body reacts differently. With pneumonia or bronchitis you will usually feel very tired and have a productive cough where you cough up phlem, plus usually a fever. You really have no choice but to go see a doctor. I know it's a hassle with young children but you may end up in the ER if you don't. Keep me posted if you get it checked out. :)
    ksullivan

Answer by ksullivan at 1:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• OP - I don't smoke, wasn't taking any medicine, no pain with cough, BUT it IS a productive cough with phlegm.
    Anonymous