i have a terrible cold. anyone have any suggestions that might help my stuffy n runny nose?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Health

• Zicam works wonders! The nasal kind. Also, if you use a humidifier with Vicks, that'll help clear everything up.It's better to have a runny nose bc then at least you know that everything is getting out of your system. Chicken noodle soup and a good book also help :-) Feel better soon!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• if you aren't going outside often you should take some Vit D. Vit A is also an immunity booster. Zinc is good. Get that blood flow going. Take a relaxing short walk or get up and do some stretches. make sure you are getting lots of rest too. and fluids of course.

and there's also vicks rub. lol
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Take a long hot shower! I had a bad cold with a super stuffy runny nose and I just started taking long hot showers before bed. Not only did it help with the nose issues but it also relaxed all my muscles and I slept much better!!!

Good luck getting over your cold!
    mlmartinez

Answer by mlmartinez at 1:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• dissolve a spoon full of salt in a small cup of water and, in the shower, snort the water....the in the shower part is important because the steam helps and because you will be coughing and gagging for a min lol.....it sucks for about 5 min but doing it once or twice a day will clear it right up in a day or two
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 1:12 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Peppermint is a great, natural decongestant; drink lots of peppermint tea.

Answer by rkoloms at 1:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• got to Walgreens or CVS and get you a Neti Pot! Works wonders!
    RAI2001

Answer by RAI2001 at 1:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Buy a neti pot at the drug store. Using a neti pot looks like it would be uncomfortable, but it's really not. I just got over an upper respiratory infection, and the neti pot helped clear up my sinuses when antibiotics didn't help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 1:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i just battled a nasty cold! what helped me with my congestion was peppermint tea, and a great compounded herbal tea w/ licorice, peppermint, cinnamon, etc. I also applied a bit of vicks vapor rub on the collar of my shirts and slept on elevated pillows.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:27 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Salt saline solution squrits some up your nose this should help relieve this Or put a dabb of Vick's vapor rubb on your nose. I hope you feel better.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:33 PM on Nov. 13, 2009