how does giving the H191 vaccine to a pregnant woman help the unborn child?should i get it? i'm going to be taking votes i don't know what to do..

also, if your taking the vaccine are you taking the Single-dose ? would you consider taking the Multidose??

i don't know if i should take the vaccine. everyone is telling me to take it or not to take it.. i dont know what to do?? well i am pregnant and i do have asthma. i'm just worried for my baby!!!

what should i do?? PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• What does your doctor suggest?
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• to take it.
    Anonymous

• I would say to get it. You are in two of the high risk categories.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't get it, pregnant or not. The vaccine is too new.
    Anonymous

• Well it will help your unborn child by protecting you from the virus. If you get the virus, you will be limited on what you can take for it, so that's probably why your doctor suggested you take it. I would hate to be in your position though because I know you want to do what is best for you and the baby, and you have a doctor telling you to take it, but it also hasn't been around long enough to know of any negative side effects, especially to pregnant women. It's a tough choice to make, best of luck and congrats!
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I think you should do what YOU feel is best. No one can tell you what to do! I wouldn't get it. Like PP said, it's too new. Nobody knows the long-term effects from it.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I personally am not getting the vaccine. I have never got a flu shot and I have never got the flu. I have read about the vaccine online and about half the articles say to get it and the other half say it isn't safe. Someone on here said they were a nurse and the paper that comes with the vaccine said it had not been tested on pregnant women and suggested that pregnant women not take the vaccine.
    Anonymous

• People keep saying "Well I got it and havent had any side effects and my baby has no side effects from me getting it"....Well just wait a year or two and see if you change your mind if those commercials start coming on tv about having bad side effects like the whole thing with the Fen Phen diet pills.
    I dont trust getting it with it not being thoroughly tested.
    Anonymous

• I am not getting it. I am more weary of the shot than getting the sickness!! I am 6mo pregnant btw
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I got the h1n1 shot and i am 26yrs old, and my daughter whos 2 got it and my 7yr old got it too. I have a 4mth old too and have to wait till he's 6mths to get it and my husband is gonna get it. my daughter got it almost 1mth ago but not quite 1mth yet and she has to go back and get a second dose and my son got it a few days ago with me and he has to go back in 28days to get a second dose but i dont cause im bigger and older
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 3:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009