My son keeps shoving his hands in his mouth and chewing on them and fussing while doing this.. Is it to early to start teething? He is only 3 months old..?

Dylans_Mommy09

Asked by Dylans_Mommy09 at 1:17 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• baby in slingGive him something cool to chew on like a cold teether or a very cold rag or help him with a popsicle of course you helping him this way his gums will feel good on him... he could be teething if he has fever give him fever reducer/pain reliever medicine. I hope he feels better.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Totally normal - babies can cut teeth as young as two months. My 6 month old keeps her fingers inher mouth and just about anyting else she can find!
    chefronswife

Answer by chefronswife at 1:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• They are never to young. If it's not teething...he might be hungery. Boys eat alot, and they eat way earlyer then girls most of the time. I start my boys on real food at three months. They love scrambled eggs that were mashed with a fork. it could only be one of the two...unless he has thrush, which it wouldn't eat for you then.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My son cut his first 2 teeth at 4 months & 1 week! So, no, not too early to start teething. Yes, a cold washrag helps - dip an end in water, and freeze it. Good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 1:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• nope. my nephe stared teething like a 3 wks at 2/1 mnts he had a tooth. my kids started teething at 3 mts.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:25 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• We were told by a doctor at the children's hospital that my daughter was cutting teeth at 9 weeks. We were there for my daughter's RSV and the doctor opened her mouth to check her out and said her gums looked swollen, she was probably teething. We were shocked. Then she told us that it could take up to 7 months before we actually saw any teeth. So, the teething process can be a long, drawn out one. Teething tabs are a life saver. You can get them at most grocery stores, or drug stores. They are all natural and have some things in them that help the baby relax as well. Like chamomile and things like that.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• my sister was born with a tooth dont ask me how lol but like everyone else said it's never to young to start teething
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 2:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My baby started the fussy drooling chewing at 10 weeks! She cut her first tooth at 4 1/2 months. by 8 months she had all 8 front teeth! give him something cold to chew on, wet a wash cloth and freeze it and then let him chew on it!
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 2:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My mother-in-law told me my Fiance got teeth at 2 months. So it's AOK. I hear that freezing orange slices and letting them naw on that is good for teething too. If there is a possibility that your child could have eczema then citrus isn't a good idea but if not go for it. He might like it.
    AllisaMyJoy

Answer by AllisaMyJoy at 5:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Both of my kids started teething at 3 months,I gave them Hyland's teething tablets.
    briannasmom2

Answer by briannasmom2 at 6:21 PM on Nov. 13, 2009