pregnancy and breastfeeding

Have any of you gotten pregnant while breastfeeding? If so does it cause your milk to decress?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• My mom did. And yes it caused her milk to decrease. She stopped producing milk all together eventually. My brother and sister are 11 months apart
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I got pregnant while breastfeeding and didn't notice a decrease in supply, but I have read that sometimes it does cause one. I stopped breastfeeding once I found out I was pregnant on the advice of my physician (I have a problem with anemia and he was very concerned that my babies would take my iron stores and leave me with nothing to keep going on) so I don't know about later in the pregnancy what would have happened.

Answer by missanc at 1:22 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• for some woman yes, it also changes the taste of the milk
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:23 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Yes, I did. I know of many others. My milk decreased, but I continued to nurse all the way through. Even through labor. Tandem nursed for one year after.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i am pregnant and nursing and haven't noticed a drop in supply but my son is 2 and doesn't nurse much. a friend of mine got pregnant when her twins were 14 mos old and her supply dropped big time and her girls self-weaned. she was pretty sad about it because she wanted to nurse at least 2 years but everything worked out fine. good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2009