39 weeks and counting ...severe pressure! please read

I have had severe pressure in my pelvic area making it feel painful to pee because it seems to bring even more pressure! I think I have had some contractions today but I am not really sure! obviously they are not labor contractions or I would be more sure about the situation. But it feels as if my baby is going to push himself out or as if he could just come out without me pushing lol I am 2 cm dilated according to the doctors last check....I have walked and walked and walked yet I don't think I have done any good. Is there a chance my baby is preparing to come soon with all the severe pressure??? please tell me what you think honest opinions please! I am a first time mom

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah , your baby has drop. and is ready, any contractions yet? how far apart are they?
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Your baby won't push himself through. You will most likely notice contractions. Is your belly contracting (hardening) & do you have pains with it?
    You can try getting on all fours and "pelvic rocking" to stretch and become more comfortable, too.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:35 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• My baby dropped weeks ago.....my contractions have been irregular so I have not kept track of them!
    Anonymous

• the pressure is the head of the baby going down. But just so you know...most women don't know what laber pain feels like. I didn't know that I was in laber with my first, till my mom said that I was in laber. Watch the time!! Sometimes it take forever for the pain to really start. if they seem to be comeing around the same time for like an hour...then you should go in or call your doctor.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 1:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Labor and delivery will happen without your forcing it along, sure. So you don't need to push, your body will. *But not the baby.

When these irregular contractions iron out to be a few minutes apart you'll take things seriously.

Do you have anyone who can help you through when the time comes?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Sounds like the joys of late pregnancy lol. Baby's head is decending lower and lower into your pelvis. This is a good thing! I know it's miserable, but that's that much less distance he has to travel during labor. Settle in, you will probably be going soon :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• This last pregnancy he was just pushing down all day with his feet and sometimes it hurt. By night time he started pushing harder and harder but it was like for only 7-10seconds. I then ended up having contractions by midnight and was every 1-2min then after about 4-5 of those it switched to every 5-6min which was weird. I then went to the hospital right after I started having contractions at midnight and when I got there in about 15min I got checked about 10 min after being there and was already 6-7cm dialated. I was only 38 1/2 weeks and he came out almost 9lbs. so yeah id go to the hospital I had a c-section cause he was feet down
    Anonymous