Im 10 weeks and i have a DR ap on the 24th. When should i get my first ultrasound and will they do a Vaginal check up everytime?

im a new mommy and was just wondering cause when i went the first tome they did an Vaginal Exam. And im not sure if they do one everytime? and when should i hear the heart beat? Thank you for all the help. Sorry its alot to ask i know.

HardyGirl19

Asked by HardyGirl19 at 1:36 PM on Nov. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• They probably won't do another vag exam until you are 7 months. Now the visits are a quick pee in cup, weight and blood pressure.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• You should get your first ultrasound at 20 weeks or so around that time the doctor should schedule you for one at 12 to 14 weeks they should start to look and listen for a heartbeat and generally most doctors do not do a vaginal every time they were probably looking for any concerns with this first exam! if you need anything else or have any questions message me and I will try to help! good luck mommy to be
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• They only do the vag thing once. If i remember correctly you will get your first ultrasound at 16 weeks and they will tell you if its a boy or a girl. When you go to the doctors this time they will try to findthe heartbeat.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:40 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• Thanks you guys!!! i was just worried because they never looked for a heart beat or anything and i just wanna make sure everything is ok.
    HardyGirl19

Answer by HardyGirl19 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• That was not a lot to ask! ;-)

If you want to use the Doppler, it might be around 12 weeks when you hear the heartbeat. For a low/no intervention option there is the fetoscope which will be around 20 weeks.

I never had any ultrasounds or vaginal exams with my pregnancies.
    Are these things you want to have or don't want?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• i want an ultrasound. And a vaginal im not found of but when i went they told me my cervix was 8 weeks. So i just wasent sure if they would keep doing it to measure it
    HardyGirl19

Answer by HardyGirl19 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• the vaginal exam wont be till you are almsot 9 mts and thats if you wan too. also for thr U/S is only if is needed. they will check the heart t beat at every app
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 1:54 PM on Nov. 13, 2009

• I have my first ultrasound next week. I've been to the doctore once already and they didn't do a vaginal exam but one is scheduled to be done with the ultrasound I will be 9 weeks next week so I would think you should have had one by now..if not sometime soon.
    babychappellmom

Answer by babychappellmom at 10:34 PM on Nov. 14, 2009